Cats make for great pets. It usually takes quite a lot of time before they warm up to you, but once they do, you have a friend for life. They generally take pride in grooming. All they need is a little space, a kitty litter box, and a steady source of cat nip and they are set to give you many days of warm and fuzzy companionship.
As cats are independent creatures, they need little from their owners in terms of maintenance. Their less needy nature makes them more suitable pets for those who are often on the run and have little time to tend to matters at home.
Below are 5 commandments of cat care to live by:
- Spay/Neuter Your Cat – If you are leaning towards female cats, prepare yourself for the trouble of heat cycles. While felines are often gentle and quiet, they can be troublesome when mating season comes along. Spaying your cat can significantly reduce this problem.
- Accessorise Your Cat – Even if you do not have enough time to go to the local pet store, you can still buy a variety of cat accessories online. There, you can get everything from food to litter boxes for your warm, fuzzy, feline companion. Pet care specialist shop4pets.com.au says online merchants of cat toys are helpful, as well.
- Vaccinate Your Cat – While it is indeed true that cats need little maintenance, it does not mean that you can take their health for granted. Just like any other type of pet, you still need to take them to the vet for vaccinations, shots, and regular checkups.
- Groom Your Cat – A well-groomed pet speaks highly of owners. On the other hand, dirty ones will make owners look like negligent individuals. It is fortunate, however, that cats do not need to bath often.
- Feed Your Cat – Feeding is part of your responsibility as a pet owner. You cannot just feed your cat whenever the fancy strikes you. Make sure to feed it regularly at acceptable intervals. To keep them at peak health, you can also give them vitamins and supplements.
Shower your cats with love and care and you will receive love and companionship in abundance. Follow these commandments and your pet cat will warm up to you in no time at all.